Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

13.3.11

TWW

Well, its been two weeks (almost). EPT this morning came back negative...but until i start my period that really doesn't mean much. In the meantime, i have been nauseaus, exhausted, dizzy, and craving mac and cheese like nobodies business. I am going to feel pretty stupid if its all in my head! The emotional strain is exhausting. If i am not in fact pregnant it is so tempting to call it quits and head straight to DHR :-)

As the waiting game continues...Spring has sprung in Huntsville!

The daffodils are almost all gone, but they start peaking through the ground at the end of February and are a great reminder that Spring is near (as well as the end of tax season :-)

Granny B's daylilies look fantastic...just a few short weeks ago, this bed looked like a pile of dead leaves :-)  They should be spectacular this year!


I planted pansies in the fall and due to the harsh winter, i really didn't think they would make it!  However, they look spectacular right now!



Todays project:  get some plants into this front bed.  I have been weeding it for a year now, but it doesn't have anything in it!  I plan to take some of Granny B's garden phlox that is behind the cherry tree and put them out here to see if they do better.



This is either a lemon or lime tree.  I rarely put tags in my plants and then I forget what in the world I planted!  It smells amazing and can't wait to get it outdoors so it can really take off!


Peachtree is in full bloom.  I am going to call a tree service this week to care for it through the harvest!



Pimientos de Padron (little peppers from Spain - most of these will go to friends since I don't have any vegetable garden sun after the additon...let me know if you want one!)



Since I cannot do veggies in my yard anymore, I have turned to flowers!  My grow light is great therapy during the cold winter months, allowing me to get my garden started!




1 comment:

  1. I love how you change your main picture as the seasons change.Been thinking about you lately. Would love together soon.

    ReplyDelete