My dear friend Heather brought me a pitcher of anti-nausea water...and what great timing. I try and not take my zofran EVERY day and today being a Sunday I decided it would be fine to be lazy and stay home if and when the nausea set in. Thanks to the sassy water it has stayed away!
This water tastes amazing...fresh, cool, healthy and calming. I asked her for the recipe and here it is! I think I'll be keeping a pitcher of this in my fridge from now on :-)
---
As I mentioned, my doc recommended this to help fight nausea. More recently it's popped up as an aid for people trying to improve diet and drink more water (you can find it repurposed online as sassy water.)
For the batch I brought:
@3 quart pitcher almost full of water
1 lemon, sliced
6 cucumber slices
2 peppermint "tea" bags (no tea in it, just dried peppermint) or a handful of fresh peppermint leaves
1 chunk of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced or 1 heaping tbsp grated (harder to strain grated)
Drop all the above in the water, cover, and stash in the fridge overnight to steep. Strain it, and drink it!
Welcome to our little space of the web.
After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.
These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the idea of Sassy water!! Still SO excited for you! I can't wait to find out the sex of the baby! I know you and Paul are going to be the best parents!!
ReplyDelete