Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

23.2.12

I am so proud

A few years ago after I returned home, I became good friends with a local physician.  As we got to be friends, it turns out that she had worked with my dad over the years.  Through her stories, I have been blessed with insight into my father's life that I never would have known otherwise.

She has shared with me many stories, but my favorite was the one about a Christmas morning many many years ago.  She had an emergency case and needed a colon and rectal surgeon.  My dad happened to be on call.  It brought me such joy to be able to put a name and face to the many Christmas mornings that my father was called away to care for a patient.

Often, when I am out and about, someone will ask if I am Dr. Baird's daughter.  They will then tell me the story about how dad saved a dear one's life and sing his praises.  I can't tell you how proud I am to be Dr. Baird's daughter.  It is my hope and prayer that at the end of it all, I will have brought goodness and joy to those closest to me as my father has done for his patients over the course of his career as a surgeon.

Dad retired (for the third and final time) this past January.  Last night, we celebrated his service as a surgeon during the past four decades.  One of the nurses in his office shared with us an article written by one of dad's patients about him.  This was written many many years ago and still rings true today.



Dad, you are my hero.  You have touched countless lives and your legacy will live on through your family, friends and all of the patients you served over the years.  Thank you.

Robert M. all dressed up for the celebration!









Enjoying the roast!

Current and former surgeons at the Clinic for Colon and Rectal Surgery

Original partners of the Clinic for Colon and Rectal Surgery


1 comment:

  1. I only wish we could have been there for the party! What a career and a man to be so proud of.

    ReplyDelete