Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

25.11.12

Oh Christmas Tree!

I love this time of year.

This year, I am so excited to have Matthew with us to celebrate the birth of Christ.

This year, more than ever, I want to focus on the things that are truly important to our family: love, love and more love.  And sharing that love with those around us, family, friends and those who may not be as fortunate as we are.  We don't have much, but we have more than enough to share.

Our hearts are filled with the love that sweet Mateo brings.  And I want to instill in him, from the beginning, a heart for helping those around him.  Maybe I am naive to think I can keep Christmas from becoming a commercialized  "me me me" all-I-care-about-are-the-presents-from-Santa-fest for the kids.  But I am at least going to try!  I'd love to hear how your family celebrates Christmas! What are your favorite traditions?

We have adopted two little boys through our church angel tree and are having a blast shopping for their Christmas presents with Matthew!  My mom and I did this every year growing up and it made a very strong impression on me to know that we were blessing another family the same way that Santa came and blessed us on Christmas morning.



Saturday night LB and Pops came over to help decorate the tree.  This is one of my favorite traditions.  When I didn't live in Huntsville, mom would wait until I got home for Christmas to decorate the tree...sometimes we didn't decorate until Christmas Eve!

For the first time, our house has a GREAT spot for a Christmas tree.  In the front room that is now the dining room, there is a large picture window and the tree looks fantastic.  You can kind of forget the pink walls and carpet! That awful window valance and sheers clearly need to go!





Since Matthew was already asleep he didn't get to see the tree until the next morning.  I can't say he was terribly impressed!




No comments:

Post a Comment