Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

6.2.13

Where does the time go?

January has been a full month.  My heart has been heavy for a dear friend going through a heartbreaking situation so it's been hard for me to get online and be positive.

That said, a lot has happened and I'll regret it if I don't get a few things recorded.

First off, Matthew has started walking!  He took his first steps solo on December 31 at LB's house.  It wasn't until a few weeks later that he really took off, right around his first birthday.




It is so wonderful to watch him explore his world.  His wonder and amazement at the world around him is precious and I love getting to see the world through his eyes.  So beautiful and innocent.

At his 12 month dr visit, his weight shot even further off the charts and while his doctor says not to change anything, it still has me worried.  Genetics aren't exactly in his favor for maintaining a healthy weight.  He won't eat veggies in their whole form, but he'll eat them all mushed up or hidden in other foods. Cooking for him has become quite the chore.  Amazing how much time I spend cooking for someone so little!

Mid January we had our 20 week ultrasound, which I had been anxiously awaiting to get a good long look at baby girl.  This pregnancy I have been much more "worried" about all sorts of things...I guess once you have been through it once, you become acutely aware of all that can and often does go wrong.  Thankfully, all of baby girl's systems are normal.  Now it's just time to let her grow grow grow.  And man, has she taken off and I have the belly to show for it!

Then, last weekend his locks were just getting quite unruly so it was time for a haircut.  He did pretty well and looks all grown up now!  What happened to my baby???










1 comment:

  1. Awww - such a grown up little man!! Glad he liked the haircut :)

    ReplyDelete