Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

24.3.13

Botanical Gardens

During tax season I was always looking for places to take Matthew that were relatively easy on my huge pregnant self.  I learned quickly that I couldn't take him to playgrounds because I just couldn't climb up on the equipment and keep him safe by myself.  But the Botanical Gardens has the PERFECT environment for a curious toddler.  He can run loose and explore at his own pace without having me hovering over him at every turn.  I love this. 

TRAIN!  Great train set up that absolutely captivates the kids.

Add caption


Best Buddies, Matthew and Pearson
  



Playing on the water rocks.

Currently there is a wonderful installation at the garden called "Giant Garden, Little Me" that incorporates all sorts of giant scale garden objects for the kids.  Some of them even have water features!



No comments:

Post a Comment