Welcome to our little space of the web.
After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.
These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!
24.6.10
Why Renovate?
Paul never really liked the house on Beirne. And it only got worse after we had been here for a few years. When you buy an old house, things fall apart faster and some things just never work right. Having just started his own business there were many "issues" with the house that we simply couldn't afford to do anything about...the nasty old floors, bad plumbing, moisture issues, hot in the summer cold in the winter...and the list goes on. After Paul's business got off the ground and we could afford a little more house, I spent many hours sketching the renovation and playing with the design. But we still weren't committed to staying. Until one day I was in the front yard taking care of the daylillies that we had planted from my grandmother's garden and as I was pinching off the spent blooms, as clear as day, they told me not to leave and that if I would just give them a year to get established they would put on quite a show :-) crazy, right? well, from that moment on I decided we should move forward with the renovation...and I am so glad we did. We LOVE this old house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had no clue you had a blog. I love it! Going to have to add it to my blog list.
ReplyDeleteI really need to come by and see this renovated house of yours. I loved it before (so much character).