Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

23.10.10

For Broccoli Lovers

At some point when I lived with Paulette in Spain I fell in love with broccoli.  She would steam the broccoli florets until al dente, drain the water, then quickly saute with a touch of olive oil, freshly chopped garlic and ginger.  Love it!

Then, when my friend Hilary and I spent the better part of a year cooking together after we both moved home from overseas - me from Europe and Hilary from Vietnam - she showed me her version of steamed broccoli.  It's very similar to Paulette's recipe, except the broccoli florets are SLICED.  Chop some garlic and ginger, saute for a few in a small amount of olive oil. Then, add the sliced broccoli, when well mixed add a splash of soy sauce, fish sauce, white wine, and hot pepper sauce and hot water.  Mix it all up so that the flavors get into every little nook and cranny of the broccoli. Cover and steam until al dente.  Yum!

Well, last night I wanted to BAKE broccoli.  I didn't want to have to babysit the broccoli on the stove, so I looked up baked recipes and found this from Ina Garten: "Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli"

It's a must for all broccoli lovers, and would be a great recipe for those who aren't thrilled about broccoli and want to try a fresh approach!

Buen Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment