Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

22.11.12

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is the big Lindgren holiday.  In fact, the first time I met Paul's family, Lee (Paul's dad) says "Thanksgiving is at our house."  Not, "Hi, nice to meet you."  Not, "I have heard so many nice things about you."  Just "Thanksgiving is at our house."  

So, as you can see, Thanksgiving. Is. A. Big. Deal.

Over the years, we rotate who hosts and with the new house having so much space we decided to host at our house.  But, everyone had pity on me and my food aversion issues so all I had to do was provide enough tables and chairs to fit all of us.  No problem!

Next time I promise to photograph the table setting.  There is so much potential with all of my grandmother's china and serving pieces and flatware.  I have just been feeling so sick with this pregnancy that I wasn't quite able to pull it together as I would have liked.

The day was quite nice and relaxing.  I just couldn't quite be bothered with pictures. But, thankfully, Paul picked up the camera towards the end of the day and got some fun pictures of the kids playing.

Cousins!

I love you Aunt Melinda!!!

Lola and her grandbaby boys

The Patriarch




1 comment:

  1. Ugh sorry to hear you are still not feeling well! I think it's a girl :)

    ReplyDelete