Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

25.12.13

Baby Jesus' Birthday Cake

This by far was my favorite memory with Matthew this Christmas.  

Most of the time my attempts at crafts projects don't go at all the way that I expect.  So for this one, I kept it simple, knowing that most likely I wouldn't be able to pull it off.  But the end result HAD to be a little cake for Baby Jesus on Christmas morning. Sooo....I collected all of the ingredients and was even able to get Matthew to help me make the frosting on Christmas morning when it was just the two of us hanging out while Paul and Charlotte got some beauty rest.

We made the frosting, shaped "peanut butter meatballs" (I make these with almond butter and the combination of almond butter and honey tastes just. like. spain.) and made cauliflower croquettes.

He LOVED the buttercream frosting!


Quality control

Charlotte woke up and decided she wanted to have fun in the kitchen too!
That afternoon, when everyone came over, we decorated the cakes with the kids.  The next morning at breakfast Matthew and I enjoyed Baby Jesus' birthday cake!  Merry Christmas everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment