Charlotte decided to wake up early and by 5am was quite distraught so as I rushed to get her calmed down I felt weak, had the chills, my back and arms ached and my head felt like it was going to explode (and no, I had not consumed ANY wine the night before).
On top of this, we were on a two hour delay for school. But when I looked out the window and there was white stuff everywhere, I knew school would be out.
Paul and I had no back up plan so we just kind of made it up. It's tax season after all and he has important things to do, right? So Paul get's going and is back within 30 minutes. He can't get out of the neighborhood. So he takes my car. This time he makes it.
Matthew for some reason was really rambunctious and he and I just had a hard time all day. We walked to my parent's house around the corner and that was a disaster. Both kids were screaming and Matthew insisted I carry him. At one point I am carrying my 35 lb two year old, pushing Charlotte in the stroller all in the snow trying not to fall on my face! Ha! I almost joined in on their screaming!!! But we made it and everyone (especially me) enjoyed some time with LB and Pops.
We headed back home and again, Matthew refused to walk so with Pops' help, Matthew rode home in the stroller and I carried Charlotte. Much easier.
Unfortunately he refused to nap and was quite the disaster all afternoon. Paul came home early and put on Thomas and he crashed. These are my only pictures from Snow Day 1.
I learned several lessons that day:
1 - have a plan. it is crucial.
2 - make sure I have at least one proper winter outfit for my kids each year and invest in a good pair of gloves. I would have paid a fortune for that walk to my parents to have actually been fun.
3 - figure out how to manage my photostream so I can take pictures on my phone. I kept getting an error message saying I didn't have enough room on my camera, that's why this is a long and boring post with no pictures...except these:





No comments:
Post a Comment