We had a plan. Paul would work in the morning and then I would work in the afternoon.
I had pinned a bunch of activities the night before to keep us all entertained.
But I still had not figured out my photostream problem, but I DID pick up my camera!
I cooked Matthew eggs for breakfast and then he helped me make a cake. This one from Ina Garten. A yummy lemon yogurt cake.
Amazing.
Matthew puffed with pride when he saw his cake rising in the oven. LOVE cooking with this little boy!
It worked out that it was ready just in time for morning snack. So we had a picnic on the floor that consisted of cake and a peanut butter balls. (i have come so far in what I will allow my kids to eat...)
At some point, we pulled out a laundry basket to push baby Charlotte around in. That lasted for about... oh... two seconds! MATTHEW had to climb in too! So we got a bunch of light weight plastic balls and took turns playing in the basket.
Another thing we discovered was a lot of fun was going through the plastic containers. I have a ton that we don't use for our food that just sits on the floor for them to sort, stack, chew, etc :-)
We actually did a lot of disciplining today. After the yesterdays debacle, I realized that I had not set clear boundaries with Matthew and he was just doing what toddler's do best: pushing the limits. So with a bit of a reset and firm limits in place, things went much smoother.
Most importantly he napped! We had a long talk about staying in his bed and listening to mommy. Thankfully it worked! For today at least...
Later in the afternoon we went bowling! I had purchased a dollar store game for a day like today and he was highly amused by it!
Yes, we all stayed in our jammies today. The snow didn't arrive until later than expected...but by the time the kids went to bed big white fluffy flakes were falling. It was a beautiful and very serene evening.
The lesson I learned today: be open to the unexpected. The activities that were the most fun were the ones that weren't planned...like the laundry basket filled with plastic balls! Another one of Matthew's favorite things is to jump on baby Charlotte's bed. It's not really her bed, it's the guest bed. But for now, her crib is in the guest bedroom. I got a great series of pictures...check them out here!

No comments:
Post a Comment