Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

7.6.14

Emergency Room Visit

On Friday when we picked Charlotte up from school they said that she had fallen on her bum and been inconsolable since.  We thought maybe she was teething?  When I got her in to the tub, I noticed she wasn't really using her left arm, but she was calm and acting normal otherwise.

She went to bed and slept through the night without incident.

In the morning, I knew something was wrong when we handed her a cup of milk and she couldn't reach for it with both hands.

I immediately call her pediatrician and am told to hold the line for a dr.  That has never happened.  Usually they call us back.  We were told to head to the emergency room NOW.

Once we got to the waiting room, the nurse told us there is something called "nursemaids elbow" where the elbow pops out of alignment (allegedly from being dragged around by the nanny) and with some manipulation it can be put back in place.



Baby girl was not happy.



Daddy makes it all better.


To rule out anything else going on, they took some xrays. I could hear her screaming from down the hall.  Poor thing.

The xrays all came back normal and when they tried to manipulate her arm, it didn't help anything.  she still wouldn't move it.  So they put it in a cast and referred us to an orthopedic surgeon.  She was adorable in her dinosaur sling...




No comments:

Post a Comment