Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

5.4.12

Back to work

I go back to work on Monday.  Crazy.  How in the world has 12 weeks come and gone so quickly?  On the one hand I am thrilled to get back to work, be around adults and use the 8-5 as an excuse to get into some semblance of a schedule.

On the other hand, well, you can imagine.  What am I going to miss by spending 9 or so hours away from him 5 days a week?  Am I making the right decision?  What is best for our family?  Will he be ok at daycare? Will he miss me?  Or will he even notice he's not with me?  How in the world are they going to get him to sleep in a crib?

Right now his needs are simple: a little love, momma's milk, and a clean diaper.

No matter how I work it out, nothing seems like the right answer.  So, I am headed back to work on Monday.  In the meantime here are some pics from our last weeks of maternity leave.


Dex adores his new master.  He follows Matthew around.  If Matthew is crying Dex comes and lets me know.  It is so so sweet.

We trekked up to the park at Monte Sano and had a nice stroll. We decided we need to picnic up there often!  It's literally in our backyard and there's no excuse for not getting out!

Proud Papa

Why so serious?

A little chit chat with mommy

What a great smile!

Back at the house snuggling with Lola




No comments:

Post a Comment