Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

16.4.12

Welcome Felicity Catherine Lindgren


I have spent the day waiting on sweet baby girl Lindgren.  My second niece.

Now that I have been through my own birth story, it has been so intense to walk with Melinda through hers.  Thankfully, Ashley, her brother's wonderful fiance is on the inside giving me updates and keeping me informed.

As I write, sweet baby girl should be here soon!  Very soon!

And all I can think about is how wonderful it will be for Melinda to finally meet her little girl.  Finally, get to hold her and kiss her and love on her.

That moment was like no other.  Something that was so intellectual, so theoretical finally becomes a reality.  Yes, you KNOW there is a baby in there.  Yes, you KNOW that she is doing just fine.  Yes, you KNOW that life as you know it is forever changed.  Yes, you KNOW you won't get much sleep.  Yes, you KNOW that you love her with a love that knows no bounds.  But until that sweet baby arrives, it is just theoretical.  You don't really know.  Until she arrives.

We love you sweet baby girl and can't wait to meet you!

And I just got the text from Ashley!  Baby girl is here!!!!

6 lbs 9 oz, 18 inches long
Felicity Catherine Lindgren

Daddy's little girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment