Welcome to our little space of the web.

After buying a cute little mill house in Five Points, renovating it and thinking we would never live anywhere else we decided to move. To a rancher. A pink rancher. So not us. But, it will be, with time, elbow grease and good contractors! From the first time we walked in the front door we knew we were home. The new house is right around the corner from my parent's house where I grew up. We are so excited for Matthew and Charlotte to grow up here, riding bikes, going to the pool, playing in the woods... my childhood was filled with freedom and wonder allowed by a safe neighborhood that I could explore and make my place in the world. I am thrilled we can give that to our children.

These days our blog is filled with the adventures of Mateo and Charlotte...mixed in with a few home projects and recipes. But mostly the kids take front and center. Join us on the adventure!

Follow Me on Pinterest

16.4.12

The Honest Truth

I am a little nervous about this post.  But here it is.  I have always used this blog as a place to be transparent and honest, so here goes.

I happily dropped Matthew off at daycare this morning.




There. I said it. Happily! Gladly!  Going to work felt like a vacation!

We had a rough weekend.  With Paul on the home stretch towards the end of tax season, he was working most of the weekend while I tried my best to do laundry, make dinner, and tidy up the house AND keep a fussy baby happy.  By Sunday evening I was not a pleasant person. And I felt horrible that everything out of my mouth was just plain acidic. By the time I went to bed, I was in tears thankful that my sweet overworked husband loves me anyway.

So, for those who have chosen to stay home with your babies, my utmost respect.  I can't do it.  Well, no, I won't do it.  Because I could do it if I really set my mind to it.  But I am choosing not to.  There, I said it. I am choosing not to.

The wonderful thing is that by early afternoon I could barely contain myself in anticipation of picking him up!



Today gave me a good feel for what my days will be like with Matthew.  Up, ready for work, drop off Matthew, work, pick up Matthew, home, bath, book, a bottle and to bed.  Start over.

This also helped me come to the following conclusion:  I no longer have time for all of the things I previously had time for.  I just need to accept that and move on.  I need to stop trying to do all of the things I have an inclination to do.  So, if you don't see me for a while, it's not personal.  I am just spending the little time I do have before and after work and on weekends with my sweet baby Mateo.  Family comes first.

  

1 comment:

  1. No need to apologize for working. staying at home is not for everyone and to be honest it makes me a better mom for working. Every second that you get to spend with your children is even more special. And yes, you will get back to the activities that you once enjoyed, I promise.

    ReplyDelete